Please read the new user information in the box below and click on "Continue" to begin the account request process.
New User Information
Researchers at UT Austin, UT System and Texas higher education institutions may apply for access to TACC resources and services by requesting a TACC project and allocation via the TACC User Portal. Detailed information on the eligibility requirements for using TACC resources is available on the TACC web site.
Members of the research community at other institutions may apply for access to TACC resources via the XSEDE project. a National Science Foundation XSEDE project to access TACC. Additional information on the types of XSEDE allocations and how to apply can be found at the XSEDE web site. UT Austin, UT System and Texas higher education researchers may also apply for XSEDE allocations but must do so through the XSEDE web site.
TACC provides the computational and data user communities access to:
Faculty, staff and Postdoctoral researchers at UT Austin, UT System, TACC Partner Institutions, and Texas higher educational institutions may request PI eligibility. Graduate and undergraduate students should have their advisors assume the responsibilities of project PI and submit the allocations request. Academic researchers from other US institutions must request allocations via the XSEDE portal.
- Go to the TACC User Portal home and select the grey "Create a TACC Account" button on the right side of the page.
- Read and accept the TACC Usage Policy.
- Enter all required fields in the request form. Please note that PI Eligibility should be marked as Ineligible unless you will be a principal investigator on a project.
- UT EID is for University of Texas system faculty and staff. Please leave blank if you are not in the UT system.
- You'll soon receive a confirmation e-mail from TACC at the e-mail address you provided containing a URL to verify your e-mail address. Click on the link to validate your e-mail address
Your account request will be reviewed by the TACC Accounting Coordinator within one business day. You will be notified via email when the account request process is complete. Users that are PI eligible may then log into the TACC User Portal to create a project and request an allocation. Users that are not PI eligible will need to contact the PI of their project to get added as a user of a TACC resource.
- Log in to the TACC User Portal and select the "Allocations" link at the top of the page
- Click on the green "Create New Project" button to create a new project. Complete all required information and submit the form
- To add grant information related to your project, click on the "Grants" row and then click on the "Add New Grant" button. Complete all required information and submit the form
- To add publication information related to your project, click on the "Publications" row and then click on the "Add New Publication" button. Complete all required information and submit the form
- Repeat the above for as many grants and publications that area applicable
- To request an new allocation or to extend the length of an expired allocation, click the project's "View Project Detail" button, then click the "Allocations" row and then click on the "Request New Allocation" button.
Please note: the "Request Increase" button allows you to add additional storage or service units to your existing allocation. It does not extend the time of your expired allocation
New TACC users are encouraged to attend TACC short courses. A variety of courses are offered, covering topics in high-performance computing, scientific visualization, and distributed and collaborative computing. Students are provided with all presentation materials for future reference. TACC staff members also make available and maintain a set of user guides to assist users continue to improve their knowledge of the resources. During normal business hours, personal assistance from the TACC consulting staff can be requested via the TACC Consulting System available through the TACC User Portal. XSEDE users must request assistance by sending email to email@example.com.
Last update: June 2, 2015